Federal Workers Compensation Doctor in San Antonio

Unfortunately, though, too many federal workers are injured every year and too few of them see a doctor that actually knows what he or she is doing when it comes too treating a Federal Workers Compensation injury. If you are a Federal Employee and you suffered a workplace accident or developed a work-related injury, call a Doctor 1st! Call Dr. B "The Accident Doctor" in San Antonio

How Federal Workers’ Compensation Doctor Can Help?

Dr. B "The Accident Doctor" in San Antonio have a complete understanding of the medical care you’ll require, also have knowledge about how to get recognized by the Department of Labor and how essential it is that all paperwork is handled in a prompt and accurate way.

Federal Employees' Compensation Program Our Purpose The Federal Employees' Compensation program provides Federal employees who sustain work related injury or illness with benefits such as medical care, wage loss replacement, and help in returning to work. Our goal is to provide the proper benefits as quickly as possible.

When you Call Dr. B "The Accident Doctor" in San Antonio you’ll have someone on your side that already has the knowledge about how to handle DOL-OWPC claims while remaining focused on your particular needs.

I was Injured on the Job. How do I File a Claim?

You need to complete either form CA-1, "Federal Employee's Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation" or form CA-2 "Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation".

A traumatic injury is one that can be pinpointed to have occurred during one particular work shift – falling down the steps for example. An occupational disease is a medical condition that has developed due to work activities performed over more than one work shift.

If you are submitting a CA-2, you should also review the appropriate CA-35 "Evidence Required in Support of a Claim for Occupational Disease" form/checklist. There are several of these detailing the different sorts of documentation to be submitted depending on the type of occupational disease. They are all included in one document at the aforementioned site.

If you are still employed by the Federal agency where you worked when the injury occurred, submit the claim through your employing agency. Be sure to keep a copy of everything for your records. Your agency will complete their portion of the CA-1 or CA-2 and submit the entire packet to the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP) district office.

OWCP will advise you of the claim number which has been established. The district office will review the information submitted and will determine if there is sufficient information to adjudicate the claim. If there is insufficient information to adjudicate the claim, they will send you a letter advising of the additional information needed.

If you are no longer employed by the Federal government, you should submit the completed form to the Federal agency where you last worked when the injury or disease was sustained. If the agency no longer exists or you experience difficulties in submitting the form, you should contact your servicing OWCP district office for assistance. District office jurisdiction is determined by where you live.

Is there a Timeline for Filing a Claim?

The Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) provides that a claim for compensation must be filed within 3 years of the date of injury. For a traumatic injury, the statutory time limitation begins to run from the date of injury.

For a latent condition, it begins to run when an injured employee with a compensable disability becomes aware, or reasonably should have been aware, of a possible relationship between the medical condition and the employment. Where the exposure to the identified factors of employment continues after this knowledge, the time for filing begins to run on the date of the employee's last exposure to those factors.

If a claim is not filed within 3 years, compensation may still be paid if written notice of injury was given within 30 days or if the employer had actual knowledge of the injury within 30 days after it occurred. There is nothing to prohibit you from filing the claim. Timeliness is determined by the OWCP district office as part of the adjudication process.

How do I Claim a Schedule Award?

When an injured worker has permanent loss of use of certain body parts or organs, s/he may request a schedule award by submitting a CA-7 Claim for Schedule Award and an impairment rating completed by her/his treating physician. 20 C.F.R. §§ 10.103, 10.404.

The impairment rating can only be completed after maximum medical improvement has been reached and must be in accordance with the 6th Edition of the American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, referencing the appropriate tables, and citing the date of maximum medical improvement. Impairment ratings may be done in a narrative format.

There is not a form for the physician to complete for the impairment rating unless the Claims Examiner has provided one in response to incomplete medical documentation previously submitted. Complete your portion of the CA-7 and submit it to your employing agency.

How are Schedule Awards processed?

Once the completed CA-7 and the impairment rating have been received, reviewed, and determined to appear complete by the claims examiner, s/he forwards it to the district medical advisor (DMA) for review.

In some situations, the Claims Examiner must develop the claim by contacting the claimant, employer, or rating physician for additional information. In some cases, the claimant must be referred to a second opinion medical examination to obtain a complete impairment rating.

How do I request a change of physician?

To request a change of physician, put the request in writing, detail the reason why you wish to change physicians, include the new physician's name, specialty, and contact information, and sign the request.

This may be mailed to U.S. Department of Labor, OWCP/DFEC, PO Box 8311, London, KY 40742-8311. Your claims examiner will review the request and advise you whether the change is approved. As is always the case, please be sure to include your claim number on every page you send. You will receive written notice of the approval of your request.

Will OWCP reimbursement for lunch or other meals when I have to travel for medical treatment?

OWCP reimburses for travel based on the Federal Travel Regulation (41 C.F.R. 300-304). Per diem reimbursement is covered in Chapter 301-11.1.c. which specifies that you must be in a travel status for more than 12 hours to be eligible for per diem reimbursement (either actual cost or per diem).

What is the mileage reimbursement rate for travel to medical appointments?

Travel to medical appointments is reimbursed according to the rate determined by the General Services Administration (GSA) for privately owned vehicles (POV). Therefore, the amount reimbursed by OWCP is subject to change should GSA change the POV mileage reimbursement rate.


The OWCP claims process can be complicated and many injured workers find that their claim is denied. It is important to understand that Federal Workers Compensation is a relatively complex area we will provide to you a free consultation where we will explain all your options.

Federal Employees Program Forms

  • CA-1 Federal Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation
  • CA-2 Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation
  • CA-7 Claim for Compensation
  • CA-16 Authorization for Examination and/or Treatment
  • CA-20 Attending Physician's Report
  • CA-278 Claim for Reimbursement of Benefit Payments and Claims Expense
  • CA-2231 Claim for Reimbursement Assisted Reemployment
  • OWCP-915 Claim For Medical Reimbursement
  • OWCP-957 Medical Travel Refund Request


Dr. B The Accident Doctor in San Antonio can answer complex questions. He want you to have confidence throughout this time, and he know the more information you have, the more at ease you’ll be.Because the process of working with DOL-OWCP claims is complex, you’ll want someone who can break the process down and explain it to you in a language you can understand.

If you have been injured at work, schedule a Free Consultation today! If you’re an injured federal employee don’t think that you don’t have control over who you can pick for your medical care

We are committed to providing the best possible care and support to those who have been injured in the workplace.