Slip and Fall Injury Doctor in
San Antonio, TX
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most unexpected and terrifying incidents that can happen to you. In fact, slip and fall accidents account for eight million emergency room visits a year. One reason slip and falls can be so frightening is that they can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. They can happen while you’re shopping at your local retailer, while you’re walking through a parking lot, or even while you are working at your job.
Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries that leave victims unable to work, cover their medical expenses, or support their families. If you were hurt in a slip and fall, you may suffer from one of the common injuries from this type of accident. Dr. B The Accident Doctor in San Antonio can help you!
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in San Antonio
Slip and fall accidents may occur on either private or business property. Some causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Ice or snow in parking lots, driveways, or walkways
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven or broken staircases
- Poor lighting
- Uneven sidewalks or other walking areas
- Cluttered common areas
Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents in San Antonio
Every slip and fall accident is different, but depending on the severity, injuries in slip and fall accidents may include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Nerve damage
- Fractured or broken bones
- Slipped disc and back injuries
- Whiplash or other neck/shoulder injuries
The injuries a victim suffers from a slip and fall accident will depend on the nature of the accident, their health, and their age.
What are the symptoms of a sports injury?
The signs and symptoms of a sports injury depend on the type of injury. Common symptoms include:
- Aches, pain or tenderness.
- Deformity, such as a bone or joint looking out of place.
- Decreased range of motion.
- Grinding, cracking, clicking or popping noise.
- Inability to bear weight on your hip, leg or foot.
- Skin that’s warm to the touch.
- Stiffness or weakness.
- Trouble moving a body part normally (for example, you can’t move it as far or it locks up when you try to move).
What Can Happen After a Fall?
Many falls do not cause injuries. But one out of five falls does cause a serious injury such as a broken bone or a head injury. These injuries can make it hard for a person to get around, do everyday activities, or live on their own.
Dr. B, DC "The Accident Doctor" in San Antonio has been treating thousands of Slip and Fall Accident Injuries for more than 21 years. Committed to providing individualized, top quality care. He offers a full scope of preventative and treatment services for pain relief after experiencing an injury or specific condition.